Gift Card Greatness
Gift cards are the ultimate in flexible presents (after all, they can become almost anything your recipients want them to be). But that wide-open potential can sometimes make a gift feel impersonal. There’s a fix for that, though—simply wrap it in a gift that spotlights the recipient’s interests. Need some inspiration? Here are some great ideas for gift card presentations that highlight the personality of the person you’re giving it to.
- At-home chefs: People who love to cook love gifts that help them cook better or more often. Wrap your gift card in a cool take-out container, or serve it tucked inside a gorgeous cookbook, so they’ll know you’re encouraging them to make something great.
- Bakers: If you’re hoping your gift card will encourage the baker in your life to whip up even more wonderful desserts, give a gift card in a baking-centric package like a measuring cup, mixing bowl or muffin tin. If you’re lucky, they’ll be grateful enough to share what they bake up with your gift.
- Gardeners: Friends who are passionate about growing great things can use the card to buy gear, or outdoor décor to highlight the landscapes they create. A package with a great outdoors theme—a gift card tied to a trowel or tucked inside a terra cotta pot—gives garden-buffs a way to dig into their favorite hobby.
- Grillmasters: If your friend spends the summer working on the perfect char-marks and trying to create the absolutely right BBQ sauce, you can help them gear up with a gift card in a package that serves a perfect grilling purpose—like a BBQ mitt.
- Spa Lovers: You know your friend can’t make it to the spa every time she needs a moment of pampering. So a gift card can help her create her own spa at home every day—tucked into spa socks or in a votive candle holder—can help her say “ahh” anytime.
- World Travelers: A person who racks up frequent-flier miles by the thousands will always appreciate a gift that lets them showcase their travels. So slip a gift card into a photo frame—it can get them started on showing the great shots they've taken on their trips.
- And if you’re ready to take personalizing a gift card to the next level, you can also opt to DIY-it. This guide to creating your own gift card holder from the Stamping 411 blog shows some great techniques for crafting the perfect card container.