How to Wrap a Gift
But gifting a present that looks like it’s been professionally wrapped isn’t as difficult as you think. We’ll show you how in nine easy steps.
What you’ll need:
1. Unroll your wrapping paper. Measure the length and the width of the paper you need by placing your box at one end and rolling it on all four sides. Cut the paper off of the roll.
2. Place the box in the center of the paper you just cut, top down. Fold up one side of the paper and tape it down near the center of the box.
3. Make a half-inch crease on the end of the other side of the paper – this will give you an even edge. Fold the paper up and tape it down, making sure it’s taut. If it’s too loose your box will slide around inside.
4. Carefully trim off any excess paper on the remaining two ends. This will make folding them a thousand times easier.
5. Push in each side so you create a triangle at the top and the bottom. Crease the edges flat.
6. Fold down the top flap and tape it to the box.
7. Make a half-inch crease on the end of the bottom flap – once again, this will give you a clean, professional looking edge. Pull the flap up, pressing it flat against the box and then tape it down.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 on the other end.
9. Top with a bow and attach a gift tag.
Voila! You have a beautifully wrapped present.