Amy's Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
We asked our Bed Bath & Beyond associates for their best holiday recipes, and found some amazing new dishes from around the country. We tested them with a panel of experts and picked the cream of the crop for you!
Submitted by: Amy L., Yonkers, NY
Testers say: "Great flavor and texture!"
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs; stir in pumpkin, apple butter, and sugar mixture.
- Gradually stir in half and half.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 and bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 2 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate if over 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.