Chimichurri Steak & Peppers
Lean steak loaded with good-for-you ingredients
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 ounces lean flank steak
- 2 bell peppers, (red and/or yellow) quartered and cored
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups lightly packed parsley
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coat stovetop grill pan with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak and peppers on pan and cook, turning as needed, until steak is desired doneness and peppers are tender (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove steak and peppers to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with Chimichurri Sauce to drizzle over steak and peppers.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce: Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cut peppers into wide strips and thinly slice steak against the grain.