Delicious Cranberry Muffins
Bake these Simple Orange Cranberry Muffins with fresh cranberries and you will have a new favorite breakfast muffin.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for preparing the muffin tin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 12-muffin tin (or line with paper liners).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter, orange zest, and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the milk until just combined.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle each muffin with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a rack.