Double Corn Muffins with Jalapeno, Scallions & Cilantro
Featuring rich corn flavor and a little kick, these muffins make a great accompaniment to the holiday meal — or a nice bowl of chili.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 mintues
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2/3 cup 2% fat milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh, thawed frozen or canned corn
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño peppers (or more to taste)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk milk, oil and egg in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt just until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack. Serve warm if desired.