Easy Acorn Squash Recipe with Thyme Butter
Sweet acorn squash is paired with savory thyme butter to make this easy seasonal favorite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds each), quartered, seeded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with nonstick spray
- Place squash skin-side down on prepared pan. Brush with about 1⁄2 of the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes or until squash is almost tender. remove from oven; brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast 15 minutes or until tender and light golden in spots.