Glazed Baby Carrots with Fresh Dill
A buttery brown sugar glaze complements the natural sweetness of carrots in this so-simple side dish. Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill for a fresh finish or substitute thyme or parsley for equally delicious results.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 mintues
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds baby carrots (bagged or fresh, trimmed)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat water, brown sugar, and butter in a large skillet until ingredients are combined and liquid is simmering. Add carrots, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove cover and toss carrots to coat. Continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, tossing carrots frequently, until liquid is evaporated and carrots are fork-tender. Stir in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh dill.