Hasselback Potatoes with Manchego, Parmesan and Thyme
These potatoes are buttery herbal and cheesy crispy goodness, and best hot out of the oven. Any cheese can be used if you have a favorite - give it a try.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 12 medium yellow flesh potatoes like Yukon gold, about 3-5 ounces each, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego and Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Cut thin vertical slices 3/4 of the way through on each potato and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of the melted butter, place in the oven, and roast for 45 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the cheeses, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven after 45 minutes and sprinkle with the cheese and thyme mixture.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter and roast for another 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Makes 6 servings 2 potatoes each, or 8 servings 1 1/2 potatoes each.