Javier's Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
We asked our Bed Bath & Beyond associates for their best holiday recipes, and found some amazing new dishes from around the country. We tested them with a panel of experts and picked the cream of the crop for you!
Submitted by: Javier G. – New York, NY
Testers say: “Easy to follow. Nice flavor, moist cupcake… Frosting is creamy and compliments the cupcake nicely.”
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoon espresso powder (can also use instant coffee)
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Cheesecake Latte Frosting
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (8 ounce package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (or call for espresso powder)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt, stir to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine pumpkin puree, sugar(s) and oil and mix on low. Add eggs, one at a time till they are well blended. Add dry mix and mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix butter on low/med and add sugar gradually till fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.