Mixed Olives with Orange & Fennel
This simple-to-prepare snack is perfect to serve at a holiday party or for cocktail nibbles. They also make a fabulous hostess gift – just present them in a pretty jar tied with a ribbon.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 3 cups olives
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups unpitted mixed olives (kalamata, nicoise, green)
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Use a vegetable peeler to carefully remove 2-3” lengths of orange zest from orange.
- Roll up zest and slice thinly.
- Place olive oil, garlic, fennel seeds, pepper flakes, and orange zest in a small saucepan.
- Steep oil for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat or until fragrant.
- Let cool slightly and pour oil over mixed olives.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or up to 7 days before serving.