Homemade Pumpkin & Pecan Pie Ice Cream
A delicious way to combine two holiday pie favorites into a lighter, more refreshing dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel syrup
- Thin ginger cookies, for garnish
- 4 cups slightly softened 1/2-the-fat butter pecan ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Put ice cream, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a plastic container. Mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Cover and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve: If ice cream is frozen solid, take it out of the freezer for a few minutes to soften slightly then scoop into dessert bowls. Drizzle with each serving with 1 tablespoon each chopped pecans and caramel syrup. If desired, stick a cookie into ice cream or crumble overtop.