Pumpkin Layer Dip with Pumpkin Butter
We asked our Bed Bath & Beyond associates for their best holiday recipes, and found some amazing new dishes from around the country. We tested them with a panel of experts and picked the cream of the crop for you!
Submitted by: Darren M. - Metairie, LA
Testers say: “Great combo… Salty, Sweet, Crunchy! Pumpkin butter is so easy to make.”
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups white superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch salt
Pumpkin Layer Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Pumpkin Butter (recipe above; or use prepared)
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 3 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
For Pumpkin Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 30 minutes, or until thickened.You will need to stir frequently.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate until serving (recommend at least 4 hours).
For Pumpkin Layer Dip
- Place the block of cream cheese on a serving platter or large dinner plate. Cover with pumpkin butter, green onions, bacon pieces and pecans. Serve with your favorite cracker.