Pumpkin Pecan Tart
This dessert that combines two favorite desserts into one. It is not too sweet and looks impressive. It can be made ahead for time and is very easy to assemble.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups ground vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup solid pack pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 whole egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon bourbon, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cookie crumbs, 3/4 cup ground pecans, and butter to mix. Press the mixture into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until lightly golden. Remove the tart shell from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Scatter the 1/4 cup chopped pecans over the tart crust.
- In a bowl whisk 2 eggs, salt, cinnamon, light brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and pumpkin until smooth. Pour onto crust.
- Take the 1 1/4 cups pecan halves and make concentric circles on top of the pumpkin.
- In a bowl whisk together the maple syrup, 1 egg yolk and 1 whole egg, vanilla and bourbon. Pour over the pecans.
- Place the tart in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.