Quinoa Mixed Rice and Dried Fruit Stuffing
A delicious and healthy stuffing twist for your holiday table.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 10 1/2 cup servings
- 2 stalks celery with leaves chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 6 ounce package of baby Bella mushrooms wiped clean, stems removed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (recommend apricots and cranberries) chopped if needed
- 1 large apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups cooked rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup cooked mixed rice like Lundberg wild blend rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the olive oil.
- Cook the celery, carrots, onion, and mushrooms until the onions are starting to turn lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl add the cooked vegetables, dried fruit, apple, cooked grains and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish and scrape the stuffing mixture into the dish.
- Pour over the broth and cover with foil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the foil and cook 10 minutes more.