Rack of Lamb with Pistachio Crust
This very easy and elegant lamb dish is a snap to put together.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 racks of lamb - 8 chops frenched and fat cap removed (ask your butcher to do this)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cups unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 medium shallots peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg white
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Place the lamb racks on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Smear each rack with 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- In the bowl of a food processor add: the pistachios, panko, shallots, garlic, and egg white and pulse to grind everything to a course paste.
- Divide and cover each rack with the pistachio mixture and place in the oven.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until an internal thermometer reads 145 for rare, 155 for medium, or more if you like it well done.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let stand 10 minutes
- Slice between chops and serve.