Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple-Balsamic Drizzle
Roasting veggies brings out their sweet nuttiness and is a wonderful way to prepare Brussels Sprouts. The addition of bacon and a deliciously sweet glaze will make a fan out of even the pickiest eater.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (approximately 2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two standard-sized baking sheets with parchment paper. (Parchment gives the best results when roasting veggies by absorbing some of the moisture so they can brown while creating an easy-cleanup nonstick surface.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic and mustard. Drizzle over roasted Brussels sprouts just before serving. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly across both pans. roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until well browned, stirring halfway through and switching pan positions in oven.