Roasted Pear Salad with Gorgonzola and Maple-Balsamic Dressing
This gorgeous standout salad is perfect for holiday entertaining. Roasted pears combine deliciously with bitter greens, candied pecans, and an easy homemade vinaigrette. Top leftovers with chicken for a substantial lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 TB chopped shallot
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pears, halved, cored
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- To make dressing: Stir together shallot, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and salt. Pour oil in slowly, whisking continuously until combined. Dressing can be made up to 3 days before serving. Just bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each pear halve into 5 slices.
- Toss pear slices with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spread on a foil coated baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for even browning.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Toss together arugula and radicchio.
- Place a heaping cup of greens on each plate and drizzle with 2 TB dressing.
- Top each salad with 5 pear slices, 1 TB gorgonzola, and 1 TB pecans.