Savory Mushroom Paté
We asked our Bed Bath & Beyond associates for their best holiday recipes, and found some amazing new dishes from around the country. We tested them with a panel of experts and picked the cream of the crop for you!
Submitted by: Jeri F. - Saratoga Springs, NY
Tester says: "The Neufchatel cheese and Brandy makes for a flavorful paté."
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 8 oz. sliced baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of Brandy
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- Coarsely ground black pepper for coating loaf pan
- Fresh sage sprig
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x4 loaf pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Coarsely grind black pepper onto bottom and sides of foil and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until soft but not brown (2-3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and sauté 10 - 15 minutes over medium-high heat until liquid released by mushrooms is gone and mixture is dry.
- Add brandy and de-glaze pan.
- Cooking until most of the brandy is evaporated.
- Add cream cheese, sage and ground pepper and stir to combine.
- Cool slightly.
- While the mushroom mixture is cooling, pulse the walnuts in food processor until finely ground (do not over process.)
- Add mushroom mixture (to walnuts) and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour pate mix evenly into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Un-mold by turning it upside down on a platter and garnish the top with fresh sage sprig.
- Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.