Sweet Potato Quick Bread with Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds
This super-moist quick bread is perfect for breakfast, teatime, or to bring as a hostess gift. It also happens to be a delicious way to use up leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving dinner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1 quick loaf
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed or pureed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and table salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, sweet potato, oil, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- Stir in cranberries and spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Let cool before serving.