White Chocolate Macadamia Frozen Treat Sandwiches
Put your Yonanas machine to work making these unique ice cream sandwiches. Banana pairs deliciously with white chocolate and macadamia for a fun twist on a summer favorite.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 large, 30 small
- 15-18 frozen ripe bananas (to yield 4 cups Yonanas)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp table salt
- 11 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts and combine well.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop cookie batter onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature and then store in a sealed container in refrigerator before continuing.
- Use Yonanas machine (as directed) to make Yonana ice cream with each banana.
- Stir in lemon juice and freeze briefly to firm.
- Use a round 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon Yonanas on each cookie, top with 2nd cookie and lightly press to spread Yonanas to edge.
- Wrap loosely in foil and freeze until firm (several hours, to overnight).
- Let sandwiches thaw slightly before serving.